Having backup of your most important data to an external drive or remote location in case anything goes badly wrong with your computer your data is still safe. Do you know there are many ways your data can be lost unexpectedly? There it is:
- Computer crashes: always happen when you never care about it, and it can cause your data loss.
- Virus Attack: aggressive malicious viruses can corrupt your files and disable your computers. Virus Ransomware is the most popular virus that can encrypt all your files in your computer.
- Hard drive failure: hard drives have a finite lifetime and can fail suddenly and without warning. The sudden death of a hard drive can cause the pain of losing your data. If it happens to your important documents that close to the deadline it could be a nightmare scenario.
- Physical computer damage: your files are more at risk if you use a laptop. Light and portable comes at the price of reduced durability. Laptops are sensitive and are easily damaged if dropped or have drinks spilled over them.
- Theft– computers can be stolen if you are careless whilst travelling.
The most important thing, if you value what’s kept on your computer, it’s wise to take steps to protect your data from sudden loss. Work can be redone, but the loss of data is permanent.
Many users regularly backup their data to their computer hard drive, but in the event of a total computer breakdown this will not protect the information. Saving data to a separate location makes your data more secure, and can be easily done if you have an external hard drive to back up your data. A safer and more effective method of securing your data is online backup. Files stored online are safe from damage to your computer, and if something goes wrong with your machine you will still be able to access your files from any computer with internet access. This means files can be quickly and easily restored to your computer from a secure online server.
Backup your data now!
Ransomware infection, hardware failure, software malfunction and natural disasters can strike without warning. Protect your data with NovaBACKUP, a complete backup and disaster recovery solution for Windows PCs, Laptops, Servers, and Virtual Machines.